For this school lunch of my daughter's I wanted to include lots of fall themed details, and they were mostly all edible details! Plus a cute little "mummy loves you!" note with a jack-o-lantern sticker on it. If you're interested in the details for this lunch look below!
Included in this lunch:
- Pumpkin Sandwich (recipe below)
- Jack-o-lantern Mandarin Oranges (recipe below)
- Trader Joe's Halloween Joe Joe's Cookies
- Trader Joe's pumpkin yogurt, with some chocolate sprinkles on top
- Bread of your choosing
- Sandwich fillings of your choosing, pumpkin butter would be a particularly fun and theme fitting choice for this sandwich
- A pumpkin cutter
- An orange food safe marker
Step 1: Lightly toast your bread to get it ready to work with. Just a very light toasting is good! It helps when using spreads and when working with cutters.
Step 2: Assemble your sandwich however you would like with whatever fillings you've chosen.
Step 3: Use your pumpkin cutter to create a pumpkin shape.
Step 4: Use your orange food safe marker to give your pumpkin an outline and some detailing on it. The color didn't show up too great in the picture, but you get the idea!
Jack-o-lantern Mandarin Oranges:
- Mandarin oranges
- A black food safe marker
Step 1: All you need to do for these little cuties is grab the oranges and the marker and draw a cute little jack-o-lantern face on them.
Hope you're inspired to create a fun fall themed lunch now for your kiddo with some of these ideas! For more fall lunch inspiration click here.