Not only are board games excellent for learning, but having family game nights helps the family to bond too. It can be made a tradition and just another way to make sure you always remain close with your children even when they're teens. It's great family time to get people talking and laughing together.
Some of my favorite family game night games we have for our preschooler:
1. Candy Land! This game is a classic!
2. Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood Grr-ific Game. Based on the popular PBS Kids show Daniel Tiger this game is great to get kid's acting things out, and talking about emotions. It's a great first version of charades I think.
3. This game says it's for ages 6 and up but don't miss out on playing it with your preschooler! You'll have to explain it to them and give them some pointers along the way, but that's true to any game! I really enjoy playing this game with my daughter! I find it's one adults can enjoy a lot. Here's a link to purchase a similar version.
4. Twister Moves! This is supposed to be for much older kids to play together but we have fun trying out best at it just us!
5. Don't Break the Ice is totally a classic that kids really enjoy! Makes a great gift for a 3 year old.
Cranium Hullabaloo is so much fun! It's an active game to get the kids moving and burn off some energy!
7. Hungry Hungry Hippos is a game that goes quick and is sure to bring laughs from the kiddos and even the adults!
8. Chutes and Ladders is good for building math skills and also talking about some behaviors that can be rewarding or have consequences.
9. We have quite a few different versions of memory, we have a Minnie Mouse one, Doc McStuffins, and then some I have made myself. Any version is super fun and exercises the brain! Here's a link to a big selection
10. We also like to play Bop It! We have an older version than this one, but still
11. We have an old version of Simon that's fun as well, but here's the new one
Some more games we hope to incorporate in our family game nights soon:
2. Disney Princess Enchanted Cupcake Game
3. Educational Insights The Sneaky Snacky Squirrel Game
4. WordTeasers - Small Fry
There is also many ways to make your own board games! Here's several ideas