Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Birthday School Lunch

For my daughter's lunch on her birthday I wanted to make it special for her, so I packed a kiss sandwich, some oranges, an apple juice and even some birthday cake!


Kiss Sandwich:
Ingredients:
- Honey wheat bread, or whatever kind your family prefers
- Sandwich fillers of your choosing, I used SunButter and a chocolate hazelnut spread because that's my daughters favorite
- Lips shaped cookie cutter
- Pink or red food safe marker

Just prepare the sandwich how you normally would, I like to lightly toast the bread as a first step so it's easier to work with. Once you've got it assembled use your lips shaped cookie cutter to shape it. Finally, take your food safe marker and trace around the edges and in the middle to make the sandwich look even more like a set of real lips giving a kiss! Takes only minutes to prepare and it's sure to put a smile on your little ones face.

As I said also in the lunch was mandarin oranges, an Honest Kid's Organic apple juice, a piece of birthday cake (perfectly acceptable and so much fun for a birthday school lunch, kids will love this special treat!), and a "happy bday! :)" heart shaped note.

No comments:

Post a Comment