Monday, July 13, 2015

Still Life Panda Painting


Isn't that a beautiful painting? My daughter named it "The Pandas" 

I set up some panda things for my daughter to look at inspiration, which is how it's kind of like a still life painting. I set out three different panda stuffed animals and a EnviroKidz Peanut Butter Panda Puffs Cereal box. I gave her white paper, and black paint only at first. Once she finished her pandas I provided some green paint for her to add some bamboo if she wanted.



I love activities like this because it allows the kids to try something new. They are probably used to painting however they'd like on paper, or painting wooden objects, and this is very different from that. Yet it can still be considered a process art which is what many parents want their young kids doing, focusing on the process instead of the product. Ours ended up being a great product as well, but if your child ends up using the colors and creating their own thing still just celebrate the abstractness :)

No comments:

Post a Comment