Thursday, May 22, 2014

Baby's Breath Playdough

It's the softest playdough we've ever made and the texture that the baby's breath creates throughout it is so fun for kids to experience during play.


First, I started off by using a pair of scissors to cut off some of the baby's breath from my flowers.


Then we got out our other ingredients and set them on the counter. 
1 cup of all purpose flour
1/4 cup of salt
1 cup of water
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp vegetable oil

My daughter poured them in the pot and added just a few little drops of neon green food coloring. You could see in the picture of the playdough how it ended up a very light green, just like we wanted!


She mixed and mixed until it was all smooth.


Stopping along the way to see what it feels like midway through the stirring process. Great sensory idea, all her own idea!

While she was stirring I cut the baby's breath from the earlier photo down a bit.


Then I put the pot of playdough mix on the stove over medium heat (WITHOUT the baby's breath in it yet). I stirred it constantly with a wooden spoon until it formed a ball. Then I put the playdough in a bowl and began to knead it, adding in the baby's breath with my hands as I went. You knead until it isn't sticky anymore. And you're left with an awesome play dough that you're kids will really enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment