Sunday, May 25, 2014

Very Hungry Caterpillar Flashcards

I know almost every mom and baby is a fan of the book "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle. When I found stickers from the book I just knew I had to get some. I got a few packs, some for my daughter to use in her sticker book (which delighted her) and some to make these flashcards with.

So, the stickers can be purchased from Dollar Deals. The only other things you'll need are index cards, a Sharpie, clear contact paper, and scissors. I'm currently out of contact paper so ours don't have that on them in the picture. It's not mandatory, but it definitely makes them more durable. It serves as a laminate.
I placed one sticker per index card and then used the Sharpie to write the word or phrase I wanted the card to convey.

We've got:
- Apple
- Pear
- Plum
- Orange
- Watermelon
- Lollipop
- Pie
- Cake
- Caterpillar ON muffin
- Caterpillar IN strawberry
- BIG caterpillar
- Little caterpillar
- Butterfly



I just adore these flashcards! They help to teach what on, in, big, and little are andto how they're opposites. They also just help with sight word recognition and of course are a fun addition to your Eric Carle collection.

Now all it takes to use the contact paper to laminate them is to cut pieces for the front and back down to size, sandwich the card in between, and then cut off the excess with scissors.

No comments:

Post a Comment