Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Fruity Peach Smoothie

Every summer we get a big bushel of peaches and we love to eat them as they are, but it's also fun to make things with them! I decided to make my daughter a Fruity Peach Smoothie yesterday morning. I call it "fruity" because there's lots of other fruity ingredients in this smoothie! Doesn't it look tasty? 
Fruity Peach Smoothie Recipe:

Ingredients: 
- 1 peach, sliced with the pit removed of course. If your peach is particularly large you might want to save a bit of it and use it as garnish or just eat it right up while you make the smoothie!
- 1/2 cup of organic strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 4oz container of mango yogurt, I meant to use peach but they come together from Trader Joe's and I didn't notice until afterwards I had grabbed the mango flavor, but it was definitely a good choice too. You could use vanilla, peach, banana, strawberry, etc. Whatever you'd like.
- 1/4 cup or 1/2 cup of Trader Joe's Organic Orange Strawberry Banana Juice (amount varies depending on how thick you want your smoothie to be, less liquid for thicker, more if you don't want it as thick). 
- A squeeze of organic amber agave nectar. I didn't measure it out, but I'd say it was about 1 and 1/2 TSP.

Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend them up to make the smoothie, pour in glass and garnish with peaches. strawberries, or bananas if you'd like. I just stuck a strawberry on the side.



No comments:

Post a Comment