Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Princess Story Time Bath

Sometimes it's fun for the kids to have a story time bath and listen to a tale or two while they splish splash and get clean. I created this Princess Story Time Bath for my daughter to enjoy a few nights ago. 
I used:
- neon pink food coloring
- shaving cream
- crown craft foam shapes
- a plastic bowl
- a paint brush
- Disney Princess The Essential Guide book
- two plastic princess cups
- an Elsa balloon
- a dress up tiara
- Ariel bath/pool doll
- princess ball

You could create a very similar bath and not have most of those things. Just the pink water, bath paint, and story would be enough for many little ones to enjoy. We just have a lot of princess odds and ends around here of course, and the craft foam crowns can be found at Dollar Tree. Everything else was just something we had on hand. You might not have a princess ball to add to the theme, but that's not really the point. Do what you can and your kids will really enjoy it.

So, for my step by step process first I started to fill up the tub and then added in the neon pink food coloring when it was about half way full, swished it around with my hand to spread the color around.

Then I made the bath paint by just squirting from shaving cream into the pink plastic bowl, adding a few drops of neon pink food coloring and mixing it together with the paintbrush.

Once that was done I added in all the extras, and sat the book on the ledge of the tub for the picture, but then moved it right off. We don't want that getting wet!

I got the cutest picture of my daughter in the tiara enjoying the bath, but she wasn't wearing a swim suit for this themed bath, so I'm not going to post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment