Friday, January 27, 2017

Blueberry Sandwich Kabobs

For this school lunch I wanted to put a twist on the typical sandwich squares on a food pick, I wanted to make it more like a little kabob by adding blueberries. 

So I made the sandwich (SunButter and chocolate hazelnut spread on lightly toasted Sara Lee Honey Wheat bread, but you could use any bread/filling you would like) and then I cut it into squares using a cutter from Fun Bites. Then I put the sandwich squares onto food picks, in a pattern with blueberries. So every food pick had sandwich square, blueberry, sandwich square, blueberry. 

I also put some fresh fruit (cantaloupe, honeydew melon, and strawberries), a Trader Joe's organic banana yogurt, an Annie's Organic Really Peely Fruit Tape, and some Annie's Organic Bernie's Farm Cheddar Crackers. To add some cuteness to the fruit I used a small cutter that resembled a cool looking sun on a few pieces and put those pieces on the top of the rest of the fruit.



No comments:

Post a Comment