Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Berry Almond Smoothie

This smoothie is so sweet, tasty, and healthy! What a winning combination. I had most of the ingredients for this one ready to go in a Ziploc bag in the freezer ready to go. I did all the prep work because my little girl was having dental surgery done, and I wanted healthy, cold, soft things at home waiting for her. It's so easy to premake some smoothie packs when you have the time though. I think I'll do it more often!

 So here's the way to make it:
 First, gather all your ingredients and set them on the counter or wherever you'll be prepping the smoothie bag. You can also obviously just make the smoothie with all these ingredients at once if you're not prepping ahead, but I'm sharing the prepping instructions.

 I put the following into a Ziploc bag
 - diced strawberries, about 5
 - Organic Girl baby spinach, about 6 pieces. I wanted to have some in there, but I wanted this to be a more fruity/sweet smoothie
- Frozen raspberries, about 2/3 of a cup
 -Frozen blueberries, about 1/2 a cup

After those ingredients were in the Ziploc bag I wrote on it with a Sharpie what I wanted to add when blending (almond milk, almond butter, craisins). If you're not sure when you'll use this, you may want to add the date just to be safe.

 Had this one in the freezer for about a day. Got it out, dumped it into the blender. Topped with a decent splash of almond milk, about 2 teaspoons of almond butter, and a few sprinklings of the pomegranate craisins.    After blending you'll end up with a smoothie that looks like this:

 My daughter typically doesn't like blueberries or blueberry flavored things, but she really enjoyed this smoothie. Great way to "sneak in" some antioxidants!

No comments:

Post a Comment